The final version of 3CX V18 is here offering best in class audio quality, performance and reliability. With customer communication at the forefront, V18 provides an all-in-one integrated solution to communicate internally and connect with prospects – via voice, live chat or video.
New 3CX Client and Desktop App
With V18 we’ve improved the Web Client and made it available also as a native Windows Desktop App, eliminating the need for the browser extension. The new Desktop App uses the same Electron framework used by Teams and WhatsApp, integrating better with the OS for a more reliable user experience. The Desktop App allows you to answer a call from the page you are working in (example CRM) without having to switch between apps.
Improved Mobile Apps for seamless remote working
- Better codec management – auto set codec depending on Network (WiFi/3G/4G).
- Improved reconnection in the case of network changes or drops.
- Never miss a call – collaborated with Google & Apple to improve reliability of PUSH notifications.
- Added support for Bluetooth and hands-free devices.
- Siri integration – iOS users can now tell Siri to make calls using 3CX.
Single Sign On (SSO) support
It is now possible to login to the Web Client using your Active Directory, Microsoft 365 or Google account. Local active directory accounts are supported through Microsoft’s free Azure AD Connect service.
The Teams integration offers a cost-effective alternative to MS365’s Calling Plans. Via our Teams SIP proxy, we provide a seamless unified calling experience both for 3CX users dialling Teams users and vice versa. Users can dial out via 3CX SIP trunks using low cost domestic and international tariffs offered by SIP providers in the region. Businesses can cut costs while having a much more powerful PBX to boot.
Voice Engine Reloaded – More performant, more secure
V18 has undergone extensive changes internally to improve audio quality, improve reconnection and strengthen security:
- A+ in Security – V18 is updated to Debian 10, upgraded to the latest .NET core, OpenSSL and Postgres and now has the latest ciphers. Knocking out the competition on security, 3CX achieved A+ on Qualys labs and A on Immunilabs.
- Better Codec Management – The mobile apps and web client now use G711 to reduce transcoding, resulting in less processor usage and better audio. Mobile apps use G711 when on WiFi and G729 when on the mobile network.
- Easy Call encryption with simple SRTP configuration.
- Over 50% reduction in processor and memory usage.
- Tunnel merged into the media server for faster recovery from network drops.
How to get V18
As a Multi IT & Telephony Solutions 3CX client your upgrade date and upgrade plan will be communicated to you. If you would like to become a Multi IT 3CX client please contact us online now or via email on [email protected]. You can also call your nearest branch to discuss further on 011 435 0450 for Johannesburg, 021 879 1950 for Cape Town and 031 331 0735 for Durban.